Monday, October 02, 2006

Friends missing

I miss a dear friend. Raphella who has been Annas best friend, hasn't logged in since September 7th. That, together with another friends sudden illness makes me think about how different SL is from RL in this sense.

On one hand, I like the fact that I'm detached from RL when I'm in SL. But on the other hand, I'm thinking of all my friends who will be wondering what is happening if I'm suddenly gone from SL for one reason or the other. Anything can happen at any moment in life.

Since I have met my one and only love in SL - Dutchy, this has become more apparent to me, and something I have to find a solution to. It is supposed to be easy, and might even be so, but since my RL family doesn't share my experiences in SL it's still something to think about for a while.

That brings me to my love - Dutchy. I never in my wildest dreams thought SL could be like this... She makes my second life more than complete. And since my RL family accepts her, I just couldn't be happier. Funny thing is, I was afraid that getting emotionally involved in SL would affect my RL relationship in a bad way. It isn't so. My love for Dutchy makes me appreciate and love my RL family even more than before. So whoever said that you can’t eat your cake and have it too, was dead wrong.

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

Raphella, if by any chance you are reading this, please contact me at anna.gylling@sess.nu

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

I really enjoy reading your blog! I'm glad you've found love in your SL. This is so much more than a game isn't it? Take care and keep writing!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home